Chick-Fil-A’s founder Truett Cathy passed away this past week. Georgia truly lost one of the greatest people to come from our wonderful state. He marketed Chick-Fil-A and turned it into one of the largest food chains in America even being closed on Sunday’s. Here’s 13 facts that you probably didn’t know about Chick-Fil-A.
1. Chick-Fil-A’s first location is in Hapeville, Georgia and stays open 24 hours.
Truett Cathy himself use to sleep at this location and served the Atlanta airport workers nearby in 1946.
2. The Chick-Fil-A sandwich was the first sandwich to be served with a chicken breast between two buns.
Truett Cathy orginially wanted to call it the, ‘Chicken Steak Sandwich’.
3. Chick-Fil-A has a ‘secret menu’.
Yes, that says Root Beer Float.
4. Chick-Fil-A anti-gay controversy actually raised sales.
After Dan Cathy announced Chick-Fil-a’s stance on gay marriage. Chick-fil-A’s profits went from $4.1 billion in 2011 to $4.6 billion in 2012 (the year the scandal initially broke) and then up to $5 billion in 2013.
5. The “A” in Chick-Fil-A is capitalized for a reason.
Truett Cathy was a firm believer in service (as you know). The “A” stands for “Grade A” service/quality.
6. Chick-Fil-A has sold over 3 Billion Sandwiches
If you laid all of these sandwiches in a line, it would roughly amount to 250,000 miles. That means this line can go around the earth’s circumference 10 times!
7. Chick-Fil-A Sauce is ranch, honey mustard & barbecue sauce mixed.
8. Chick-Fil-A makes $6 billion a year.
That equals to 3,750 Bugatii’s, 600 expensive Chick-Fil-A islands across the world, and can cover the remaining tuition of all University of Georgia students enrolled right now.
9. Chick-Fil-A serves nearly 10 sandwiches per second worldwide.
10. Chick-Fil-A’s first college campus location was at Georgia Tech.
11. Truett Cathy opened a ‘theme park’ like farm in Georgia.
In the 1980’s Truett Cathy opened the Rock Ranch with the success of Chick-Fil-A. We actually visited recently & had a great time!
12. Chick-Fil-A Sandwiches were sold at Waffle Houses.
Take a close look at the sign. This is the first Waffle House located in Decatur, GA in 1965. Truett Cathy allowed Waffle House to sell his sandwich but it got so popular, people started ordering the sandwich and not Waffle House food. Therefore, Waffle House backed out.
13. There are 12 states in America that don’t have Chick-Fil-A.
Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Alaska & Hawaii are all missing out on greatness.