1. Most importantly, REMEMEBER YO FREAKIN 810 NUMBER it will literally, make your life here 10576457.75% better. You need it for food, housing, Ramsey, tests and if you memorize the code, you will save plenty of time. Or you can just carry your ID card everywhere and wait in line.
2. Learn the bus schedule.
3. Oh yeah, the buses will run you over.
4. For food, go at unorthodox times so you have a place to sit.
5. If you don’t have a car, you can order food online and have to delivered. http://www.orderbulldawgfood.com/
6. No one cares what you wear. Wear what you want to wear. Don’t care what anyone else thinks (Excluding #10).
7. It’s called the SLC no matter what anyone tells you.
8. Don’t go home until Thanksgiving.
9. ECV is basically prison on the weekends if you don’t have a source of transportation. Make friends with someone that owns a car FAST!
10. DO NOT WEAR A LETTERMAN JACKET FROM HIGHSCHOOL. DO NOT WEAR FLORIDA GEAR. (OBVIOUSLY)
11. Don’t ever ever buy books from the Tate bookstore. You will spend $700 per semester when you can get the same books for $200 or less, sometimes free. Don’t buy textbooks until 1 or 2 weeks into the class.
12. Make friends with your RA, as well as the custodial staff and security officers. You never know when you might need them on your side.
13. Always have things in your hand when you walk through Tate to avoid people handing you fliers.
14. You need a GOOD fake ID.
Most of all college is a lot different from high school. No one really cares about what you do at all, whether you drink or not or are religious or not, etc. you will find your niche. There is something for everyone so don’t worry about conforming or doing what is “cool or acceptable”, just find people that accept you.