September is “National Self-Improvement Month” as we can all strive improve in whatever we do. Focus is key, but we are often challenged due to time, money or other constraints. It’s also stressful living in a big city like Atlanta or a state like Georgia where there is so much going on. But thanks to mobile technology, apps and a fast wireless network, solutions are right in the palm of our hands. There’s an app for this, that and whatever we want to accomplish.
It’s September and Self-Improvement Month, so maybe you can benefit from some of these free apps, recommended by our friends at AT&T,
- Mindfullness Daily – Want to incorporate meditation into your daily life? The Mindfulness Daily app will guide you through effective practices to reduce stress, improve performance and enhance sleep. It can even send you reminders throughout the day to pause for a few minutes of deep breathing or guided meditation.
- Sworkit – Want to start an exercise regimen, but can’t get to a gym? The fitness app takes users through workouts as short as five minutes that can be done anywhere. You choose the part of your body you want to work on and the amount of time you have, and the app creates a custom circuit training workout using just your bodyweight.
- DailyArt, IBM Think, EarthViewer – Looking to broaden your knowledge and learn something new? There are thousands of educational apps out there to help you do just that! For example, the DailyArt app delivers one piece of classic art to you each day, complete with background information on the artist and painting. If you’re more of a tech geek, the IBM Think app charts the evolution of technology. And with the EarthViewer app, use your fingertips to scroll through Earth history for the last 4.5 billion years.
- MyQuit Coach and Quit Pro: Maybe your self-improvement plan is to kick the habit. These two apps help you quick smoking by monitoring your progress and helping you to understand when, why and where you smoke. You can track your cravings, every cigarette you smoke or resist, the moments of a day or week when temptation is at is peak, and more.
- Lift: If your greatest challenge with self-improvement is sticking to a plan, the Lift app can help you with that. This simple app tracks how often you complete tasks that you assign yourself and rewards you with virtual check marks for being consistent. Lift gives you steps and milestones to make progress more manageable and provides coaching, progress tracking and optional reminders to help you stay focused and stay on track.
Make September a month to improve with any or all of these apps.