Halloween is one of the scariest and spookiest nights each year in Atlanta, but it can also be one of the safest, with some sage advice and recommendations from AT&T.
FiLIP Smartwatch Child Locator (pronounced like “Philip”)
Technology can play a role in helping parents keep their kids safe this Halloween. For younger kids, consider the FiLIP smartwatch child locator, which also doubles as a watch.
· FiLIP App for Parents: Using the FiLIP app and GPS technology, you can see your child’s location on a map at any time.
· Stores 5 Phone numbers: With the FiLIP app, you get to choose the 5 phone numbers that your child’s FiLIP can call and receive calls from. It’s truly the first phone you will feel comfortable giving to your child.
· Benefits of a cellphone without a contract: Marries cellular technology, GPS and WiFi so your child can make calls, receive texts and stay connected to you.
· GPS locate: Use the FiLIP app to locate where your child is at any point. The device will auto-update as frequently as you want.
· Safe Zones: Set up to 5 “safe zones” to alert you when your child enters/leaves. Perfect for Halloween in the neighborhood.
· Emergency Button: Immediately transmits location to the parent’s smartphone app and starts recording any sound around the device.
· Built for kids: It can get wet, dirty and sandy. It comes in fun, bright colors that kids will love to wear and show off.
AT&T Family Map
If you have teens and tweens using smartphones, you can keep track of them on Halloween night with AT&T FamilyMap. FamilyMap lets you locate phones at virtually any time. It shows the location on an interactive map and it can send your family member’s location by text or email. AT&T FamilyMap also keeps your information secure and private.
Ion Party Starter Bluetooth Speaker
· The Ion Party Starter is a great Bluetooth speaker for Halloween parties or turning your front porch into a place that the trick-or-treaters will always remember.
· This wireless, full-range speaker with colorful beat-sync’d lighting turns any place into a party space.
· Connect your Bluetooth-enabled music player or smartphone, crank up the volume and let the light show begin.
· Don’t let looks fool you – this little speaker packs BIG, powerful sound and a pulsating, multi-colored light show into an ultra-compact design that fits in the palm of your hand.
· It’s so small and lightweight; you can carry it with you as an entertaining light source while you’re out trick-or-treating.
DIY – Magic Crystal Ball
How about making your own magic crystal ball this Halloween? It’s easy with your smartphone and a few items you probably already have around the house.
Small planter or candle holder
Black fabric, wash cloth or netting
Bluetooth speaker (like the tiny JBL Micro wireless speaker)
Connect your smartphone to a wireless speaker to get the full effect and play a spooky video clip or movie.
Once you’ve set up your crystal ball, you can even utilize AT&T’s 4G LTE network to make a video call with a “fortune teller” and have a truly interactive crystal ball experience.
Remember, Halloween night always a dangerous night to be driving home from work. Be on the lookout for children the entire evening and have a safe and scary Halloween.