Tis the season.
The holiday travel season that is.
So get in the holiday spirit and head on down to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, our hometown airports that just happens to be the busiest airport in the world. Hartfield-Jackson has held that title every year since 2000, so the good folks at Kayak.com and Kayak app have some holiday travel advice for Atlantans or anyone taking to the skies from now until after New Year’s.
These tips actually com from Kayak employees.
– Download a good podcast and treat yourself to a plastic cup of the finest airplane wine so you can begin your holiday as soon as you’re settled in your seat.
– Take the longer route to your destination; stop and enjoy the local bars and cafes between different legs. Remember, it’s all about the journey, not just the destination.
– If you’re visiting a new city, think like a local, and avoid the places that would get swamped during the holidays. Ask a waiter or store clerk for suggestions on where to eat and what to see.
For those wanting a little more advice, make sure you read Kayak’s Top 5 Travel Commandments and pack your patience and understanding as you head out for the holiday.
Top 5 Travel Commandments:
1. Thou shall stay seated until your zone is called.
2. Thou shall not take a child on a red-eye flight.
3. Thou shall not take thy shoes off on the plane.
4. Thou shall not be an armrest thief. (Yes, that means you.)
5. Thou shall alert thy neighbors before reclining thy seat.
Have a great travel season and to make things easier, check out www.kayak.com and download the Kayak app for your mobile device.