Ice skating, a real life-sized gingerbread house, elf tuck-ins and numerous specials highlight the holiday celebration at the Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation.
While you can still take aim at the pins at any of the great golf courses throughout Reynolds Plantation on Lake Oconee, there is also ample time to advantage of all this luxurious property, located a little over an hour outside of Atlanta offers.
You may be looking to relax and recharge a little before the December holidays hit you or maybe you have some time off and want to kick back and enjoy the holidays at one of the premiere resorts in the country.
Back on November 26, Robin Meade, host of the popular HLN’s ‘Morning Express with Robin Meade’, kicked off the season with a concert and the lighting of the 35-foot Christmas tree along with Santa’s arrival at The Lodge.
That was just beginning.
Take a look at what else is going on at Reynolds Plantation this holiday season.
• Ice Skating November 23, 2014- February 15, 2015
On Sunday, November 23, and for the fourth year, the beautiful 6,000-square-foot Ice Rink at the Pavilion will open at 10 a.m. Invigorating exercise and fun are topped off with hot cocoa or hot apple cider. Skating takes place from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 4-8 p.m. and is complimentary for guests participating in the Resort Activity Package or Fire and Ice package; the non-resort guest price is $20 for children 12 and under and $30 for adults.
• Gingerbread House November 26 – December 30, 2014
This is an amazing work of art. Pastry Chef Pablo Colon and his team of culinary professionals are turning a Christmas fantasy into reality by crafting a one-of-a-kind, life-sized Gingerbread House in the hotel’s main lobby. This holiday treat, made with Gingerbread, 180 pounds of candy and 480 pounds of icing will be on display to delight adults and children of all ages. This gingerbread house is for looking only, don’t touch or eat!
• Breakfast with Santa November 29, December 6, 13, 20, 2014
Mr. Santa Claus himself has promised to join us for a children’s breakfast buffet. The time is 8:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. and the price is $41 for adults and $26 for children. Please dial 706-467-7059 for reservations as they are limited and will fill quickly. • Gingerbread Workshop November 29, December 6, 13, 20, 2014 Join Mrs. Claus and her elves in building a Gingerbread house. She will supply you the pre-built house, candy, icing, and a box in which to take your creation home. Guests will also enjoy cookies, hot chocolate and cider. Each station is designed for one to two people to decorate and is $65 per house. Offered by reservation only from 2-4 p.m. Please dial 706-467-7059 for reservations.
• Linger Longer Holiday Express (complimentary) December 22 – December 28
All-aboard The Linger Longer Holiday Express! This is a favorite way to see the beautifully decorated resort grounds. Rides take place daily at 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
• Story Time with Mrs. Claus & Special Guests November 30, December 7, 14 & 21
The most lovable lady of the season will charm little ones at 1 p.m. every Sunday with classic Christmas tales throughout the holidays. Santa’s Helpers will also deliver holiday surprises and the resort’s loveable lab, Dooley, may also join. (No reservations required)
• St. Nick’s Flicks for the Family (complimentary) November 29, December 6, 13 and 20
Holiday movies, made more delicious with freshly made popcorn, are screened from 2-6 p.m. on Saturdays in December. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Ritz Kids Night Out “Elves in Training” (Fridays and Saturdays) Available November 28 through December 20
Join The Ritz-Carlton elves for an evening filled with Christmas games, festive dinner, holiday snacks and a special toy created by our elves from 6-9 p.m. $75 per child; includes dinner. Space is limited and reservations are required; please call 706-467- 7130.
• Elf Tuck-ins with Special Treats November 29, December 6, 13, 20, 21, 22 and 23
Children will be treated to a reading of “T’was the Night Before Christmas” in their guestrooms at bedtime from 7-10 p.m. and receive a copy of a Santa-autographed book. Milk and cookies will complete the evening before they’re snuggled into their beds for a good night’s sleep. The cost is $45 per room. Space is limited and reservations are required; please call 706-467-7130.
Winter skin deserves the gift of rich and luxurious pampering with the comfort of seasonal scents and spices. Warm up with facials, massages and body treatments – all dressed in holiday style. The Fire and Ice Spa treatments are available November 23, 2014-February 15, 2015.
• Hot Toddy for the Body The warmth of whiskey and hot Vichy shower melt away stress in this polishing sugar scrub. While wrapped in a warm honey glaze, a cooling eye treatment soothes and revitalizes. An application of sweet cream lotion leaves you sweet all day. 80 minutes, $235
• Spicy Hot Couples Massage Warm up with that someone special while soaking in a warming bath of pine and spruce while enjoying a cool glass of champagne. A massage with the warming essence of ginger and Arnica relax tired muscles while cool stones relieve soreness. 75 minutes, $375 105 minutes, $495
• Fire and Ice Facial This detoxifying facial will leave your skin glowing and firm. The hot stimulating mask will speed up the circulation to encourage collagen growth and the cool mask will leave your skin smooth, plump and radiant. 50 minutes, $145
• Warm Stone Pedicure Rejuvenate tired feet with a warming soak in a spruce bath. A massage using cooling peppermint oil and warm and cold stones will revive the entire body. Toes are then primped and polished with your choice of color. 50 minutes, $85
Both Gaby’s by the Lake and Linger Longer Steakhouse will be open on Thursday, December 25, featuring special three-course menus – perfect for sharing meals and creating memorable moments.
Gaby’s by the Lake: • Lunch served from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. • Dinner served from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Linger Longer Steakhouse: • Lunch served from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. • Dinner served from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
New Year’s Eve:
Ring in 2015 in any one of our festive-filled spaces. Whether it’s a relaxed affair by the lake or a formal, four-course dinner, we’re pulling out all of the stops with toasts and tunes for everyone.
• Gaby’s by the Lake Restaurant Manager, Jonathan Teague and Chef John Wentzel will feature a Firework- and-Champagne-themed tasting menu that includes some of our most popular entrees. Join us for what is sure to be a memorable way to ring in the new year.
• Georgia’s Bistro Chef Aaron Baxendale has created an extravagant buffet in celebration of the New Year. Delight in all of your holidayfavorites as well as a few of Chef’s specialties. The cost is $80 for adults and $40 for children (children under four eat free).
• Linger Longer Steakhouse Chef Chris Heath and Restaurant Manager Robert Ardinger have put together a true fine dining experience for this special night. Our award-winning Steak House menu is enhanced by holiday specials and wine pairings.
• The Lobby Lounge 306 Main will rock in the New Year in the hotel lobby from 9 p.m. – 1 a.m.
For reservations and more information, please call the Guest Relations team at (706)-467-7035.
Get ready for some serious holiday fun with our exclusive and luxurious overnight package. Filled with deluxe accommodations, fine dining and activities, it’s time to cuddle up and indulge.
• Fire and Ice Available November 23, 2014-February 15, 2015 o Overnight accommodations in a resort view room, lake view room or Executive Suite o $100 resort credit to be used towards activities such as “Fire and Ice” Spa treatments or a Chimenea Dinner by the lake o Signature thermos filled with hot cocoa mix and a custom blended s’mores snack o Unlimited ice skating during your stay o Starting at $319 USD per night
To book a holiday stay, please call 800-826-1945.
If you haven’t been to the Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation on Lake Oconee, now is the perfect time. It’s beautifully decorated and it’s only 75 miles from Atlanta. With views of the lake, you also have 30 acres to explore. For more information about fall offers and packages, please visit www.RitzCarltonLodge.com.