USTA Southern looks to reach new tennis players with Family Tennis Nights around Atlanta.
Realizing the best way to grow the sport of tennis is to introduce new players to the sport, USTA Southern has a new initiative for families. To introduce tennis, USTA Southern is launching 15 Family Tennis Night events in May and June.
Marketing efforts will go outside the usual tennis channels and focus on schools, community bulletin boards, social media advertising and digital influencers. Elementary school kids will receive communications, designed to connect with students and families who have never played the game.
Metro Atlanta events will be conducted in Stone Mountain, Lilburn and Powder Springs.
A full list plus dates and times are listed below.
Tennis coaches, pros and volunteers will all be involved introducing families to tennis through a series of fun activities, including beginnng skills like bouncing a ball on a racquet. No tennis experience is required; it is preferred that participants have not played!
The events are scheduled for two hours at tennis facilities in seven states.
“Too often tennis marketing targets current tennis players, with the expectation they will connect with family, friends or neighbors. We have decided get away from ‘preaching to the choir’ and test a strategy that will attract families to tennis and show them it’s a great family activity,” said USTA Southern Director of Sales & Marketing Shelby Fitzpatrick.
Here are the 15 scheduled Family Tennis Night events:
· Waters Edge; Stone Mountain; Ga.; 5/6/17; noon-2 p.m. – Registration is closed.
· Fort Smith Athletic Club; Fort Smith; Ark.; 5/7/17; 2-4 p.m.
· Hoover Country Club; Birmingham; Ala.; 5/12/17; 6-8 p.m.
· Burns Park Tennis Center; Little Rock; Ark.; 5/12/17; 5:30-7:30 p.m.
· Pelham Racquet Club; Pelham; Ala.; 5/13/17; 5-7 p.m.
· Mike Ford Tennis Center, at Fairhope Stimpson Park; Fairhope; Ala.; 5/13/17; 9-11 a.m.
· Girls Preparatory School; Chattanooga; Tenn.; 5/13/17; 5-7 p.m.
· Rockingham Community College; Wentworth; N.C.; 5/19/17; 6-8 p.m.
· Ashland Tennis Center; Ashland; Ky.; 5/19/17; 6-8 p.m.
· Mountain Park; Lilburn; Ga.; 5/20/17; noon-2 p.m.
· Bluegrass Racquet Club; Nicholasville; Ky.; 5/20/17; 5-7 p.m.
· Lexington Tennis Club; Lexington; Ky.; 5/23/17; 6:30-8:30 p.m.
· Lost Mountain Tennis Center; Powder Springs; Ga.; 6/2/17; 6:30-8:30 p.m.
· Southern Hills Tennis Center; Shreveport; La.; 6/2/17; 6:30-8:30 p.m.
· Tennis for Life @ Joe White Tennis Center; Winston-Salem; N.C.; 6/3/17; 2-4 p.m.
While the program is dubbed Family Tennis Nights, some events are scheduled for mornings and afternoons. Get a racquet and take up tennis!