Being a New Orleanian at heart, Big Freedia is my guiding star when I really want to shake what my Mama gave me. Let’s just say Freedia knew twerking before Miley took it mainstream. Here’s why everyone should praise the almighty Freedia:
1) Freedia is all about having a good time, and everyone loves a good time.
There’s no need to separate it out. All types of people—gay, straight, rich, poor, black, white come to my shows. People just wanna get out and shake their azzzz and have a good time!
2) Freedia markets Freedia well.
Freedia not only plays great music and interacts with her audience at shows. She has a video game dedicated to booty shaking. Yes. Booty shaking. And it is awesome.
Read about Booty Battle here
3) Freedia really knows how to twerk. Hello. New Orleans Bounce. The origin of twerk.
4) She broke a world record in twerking. What have you done with your life?
She twerked with over 350 other participants for two minutes straight in New York City. The previous record was 250 participants, so as you can tell, she blew that record out of the water.
Even this golden girl can get down with Big Freedia.
5) She’s just like all of us. Doing what she loves, being a hometown hero as well as a party icon.
If that’s not any inspiration to unleash your inner Freedia, I don’t know what is.
In case you didn’t know. Big Freedia and Atlanta DJ DIP will be playing the EARL (East Atlanta Restaurant and Lounge) on November 6th. Tickets are $15, you can check out their website here.
Twerk on, ATLiens, twerk on.