Rest in peace to 62-year-old Priscilla Meridith who died last week after being bitten by rattlesnake while gardening.
Medics say she suffered from an allergic reaction as well as a heart attack that left her in a medically induced coma that she never came out of.
Her family says she suffered the reaction and attack while she was hospitalized after the bite.
Relatives say Meridith wasn’t given anti-venom while treated at the Southeast Georgia Health System Brunswick Campus, as hospital staff said Meridith was allergic. The hospital’s emergency medical director, Dr. Mohsen Aklaghi, says staff followed Georgia Poison Control recommendations.
Poison Control Managing Director Dr. Gaylord Lopez tells GAFollowers that allergic patients can still be given antivenom if they’re “good candidates” based factors including medical history and vital signs.