Atlantans love to shop and they love to shop on Black Friday. It’s become a part of our Thanksgiving traditions like eating turkey and watching football.
hhgregg, a leading retailer that offers a wide array of products at hard-to-beat prices is here to provide some statistics on the behavior of Black Friday shoppers in Atlanta.
– 26% of Atlantans will visit 10+ stores to complete their holiday shopping this year
– 64% of Atlanta shoppers will use their mobile device to help them compare prices at multiple stores
– Laptops and tablets top the tech wish lists for Atlantans, 18% chose each tech gift
– 61% of Atlanta shoppers find Black Friday frustrating and overwhelming, with lines and crowds being the top complaints.
– Atlantans are less likely to procrastinate on holiday shopping
– Only 14% of Atlantans say they will wait until three weeks or less before Christmas to begin holiday shopping
– Only 6% will wait until the last week to begin
– Shopping for spouses is tough. Nearly 40% of Atlantans ranked their “spouse” or “significant other” as the hardest person to give a gift; they also voted their “spouse” or “significant other” as the person most likely to return their gift at 19%
– Spouses also voted worst gift givers. 23% of Atlantans listed their “spouse” or “significant other” as the worst holiday gift giver, followed closely by “dad” at 22%.
– 64% of Atlantans will use their mobile device to help them compare prices at multiple stores (national average 60%).
– 43% of Atlantans have re-gifted a present to someone else (national average is 53%)
– 26% percent will visit 10 or more stores to complete their holiday shopping this year.
* Surprise stat:
– 28% of Atlantans would rather give a speech in front of 500 people if it meant they could jump ahead in a Black Friday line.
Great info on the habits of Atlanta shoppers.
Get out to hhgregg on Black Friday or shop at www.hhgregg.com.